Monday, July 16, 2007

bloglines

Okay, I set up a new whosit at Bloglines and put all those things I like to read in one place. I can see whether I have read the latest Yarn Harlot post, Librarians’ Guide to the Internet, The Blue Blog, and so on. The only problem is that now I feel compelled to stay on top of them instead of catering to my mood. No more" Let’s see what Stephanie Pearl McPhee is going on about today…" Now I have to keep up – What a burden! I feel as if someone had chained me to my desk and forced me to read all my junk mail willy nilly. Perhaps I shall downsize.
I had great difficulty setting up this news-reader, so I hesitate to admit it may have been for naught. I kept begging for a validating e-mail – "Just one more try? If I disguise my name and use a different e-mail, then will you send me a ‘Validating e-mail’?" I tried my HCPL address and two Comcast accounts before giving up and using an old Yahoo account. Maybe that’s the problem: that old Yahoo persona just isn’t me. After so much work, I feel maybe I should learn to love it.

1 comment:

Dances With Keyboards said...

Good Blogging, Gregory!

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions, or call, or you can schedule some time with me in the training lab here in Abingdon, if your branch's schedule will allow.

Annette